Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sometimes things don't go according to plan. I was really looking forward to entertaining some friends with dinner last night, but my party of 4 dwindled down to 2. The evening was still fun just the two of us, but it lacked the energy and loudness of a larger group. I think one of my favorite parts of hosting a dinner is setting the table...arranging the flowers, candles, plates and glasses...picking out a tablecloth...finding the perfect refreshments...all to create the perfect atmosphere for good conversation and lots of laughter.

However, the disappointment was soon overcome. I quickly gained the right perspective and attitude...life happens and sometimes it is out of our control. I still made everything (minus the seitan as the vegans weren't with us): rice with a chicken green curry and a kale avocado salad. I tried making chocolate sorbet for dessert, but I don't think the base had enough time to freeze...we'll see what it's like in the morning :) From the taste of the liquid chocolate it is definitely worth keeping regardless of its state!

And to cheer me up this afternoon I bought some orange and purple dahlias...and of course Bailey is always the sweetest; giving snuggles and kisses!









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...