Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dr. Seuss Baby Quilt


I can't believe that my nephew could be here any day now! I am so excited for Luke, Kendra and Owen to meet their newest addition. While I'm sad to be away for all of the excitement, I'm looking forward to making him a bright and fun quilt for him to snuggle up in. I just love the Dr. Seuss prints...however, their boldness overwhelms me a bit. I'm going to try and tone the quilt down a bit, by using a lighter color sashing and backing. I found the following image through a Google search for Dr. Seuss quilts and love how modern this one looks. I plan on varying the sizes of the colored blocks to give it a little more variety. Now I just have to put my quilting experience and skills to the test to draw up my own pattern...yikes! Never done that before...can't wait to see the final product and meet the little boy who will call it his! 

Quilt image from the blog: Quilt Story



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...