Saturday, January 30, 2010

In a world where we are defined by what we produce, it was a good reminder to meditate on the words of Paul to the Romans...

"This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike, "What's next, Papa?" God's spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children."

Romans 8:15-16 (The Message)

"God's spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are." I would rather hear who I am from God than from the world. A child of God with an inheritance of eternal life starting now, here on earth laboring and reaping the blessings of Christ's work is more hopeful and promising to me than the busy and consumer lifestyle of the world.

Our Bible study is reading through Richard Foster's book "Celebration of Discipline." I hope that through the study I am able to move into intimacy with God by practicing the disciplines that set up the groundwork for God to transform me and use me as his disciple. It means sacrificing time each day that would be spent on the computer, reading my latest library book, or being with friends, but in the end will bring far more joy and life than any of these other activities. This week's discipline...meditation.

1 comment:

rwalk said...

Preach it, sister!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...