Saturday, June 06, 2009

lemony goodness

drizzled with a lemon glaze


Thursday night Rach came over and we made lemon ricotta cookies (again, from Giada's Kitchen) and unsuccessfully attempted to make kettle corn. The cookbook describes the cookies texture/consistency as that of the tops of muffins - that caught my attention because I love to eat just the tops of muffins! And I was interested in how the whole-milk ricotta cheese would taste and how it would change the texture. The cookies also have a lemon glaze drizzled over the top, but I didn't make that until the next day...and to be honest they taste just as good with or without it.

key ingredient - fresh lemon

The cookies have a stick of butter, 2 cups of sugar, 2 eggs, 15oz of ricotta, lemon zest, lemon juice, flour, baking powder, salt...and the glaze is powdered sugar with lemon juice and zest.





They are light, cakey and stinkin' good! (but of course you know I'm obsessed with lemon!)
I'm excited for my next baking adventures - Malia photocopied some bar recipes fromt the July edition of Gourmet. Get excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm! Can you mix the ingedients in any order? My cookbook is packed away in seattle.

emily

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...