Monday, September 21, 2009

Serenity

I woke up this morning in the cutest rustic cabin near Teton village in Jackson, WY. My internal alarm clock went off at 7:15am and I thought…I have to get up and enjoy the quiet morning. Jed, our host, is up early to go fishing and comes back in the house to tell me there are two moose in the yard! What! So cool! They are so awkward looking with knobby knees and wobbly legs frolicking (I can say that, because they really were) around the yard eating and playing…so not graceful due to their sheer size and awkward proportions.


So, I decided to sit on the deck wrapped up in my pink blanket to watch the sun slowly rise as it shines through the aspen trees and listen to the creek as it gaggles over the rocks. The sky is a clear pale blue with a few clouds lingering over the hills and the leaves on the trees are starting to turn color…fall is here. I suppose I could just take a picture, but I’ve taken so many of those as we’ve toured through Yellowstone and Teton and the picture never quite does the view justice.


I feel as though I am in Packwood (our summer place near Mt. Rainier). It is the best feeling of peace, rest and rejuvenation. The last three weeks have been fast-paced and nonstop. I feel so blessed to have such a peaceful and quiet morning to just sit, think and be.

I love you friends and family and miss you terribly!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...