Thursday, September 10, 2009

friends forever

Jen and Family!

I love making Isa smile!

Brian and I went for a run in the morning


I gave Annalyn a headlamp so she could find all the nooks and crannies in "big blue" it was the best fort ever...I had to coax her out of it to get ready for bed!


I know it's a cheesy title, but I couldn't think of any other way to describe my friendship with Jen. I was so excited the triathlon tour was headed to Montana, that I immediately looked up the location for the YWAM base in MT, knowing that Jen and her husband of almost 6 years, Johan are currently working there. I can't even tell you how excited I was when I found out that the guys wanted to swim across Flathead Lake...and that the YWAM base was in Lakeside, right along the lake! YEAH! I get to see my absolute best friend from high school, her husband and two adorable girls! And...bonus...we stayed two nights. I couldn't have been happier!

Our time with the Besters was perfect, just what I imagined it would be. It was like no time had passed yet, there was so much of life to catch up on. It wasn't overwhelming or overbearing, but just so natural and easy to be in good conversation about life with the girls, life in montana, life as a wife, life away from family and our life experiences. It amazes me how similar we are, yet different. We went down two completely different roads after high school and yet talking to her I feel as though she can relate to and identify with so many of my experiences, thoughts, and emotions. I was so encouraged by our time spent just hanging out like friends who see each other every week and the thoughtful conversations that went a little deeper into the struggles, challenges and dreams that have made us who we are. I know that our friendship is one that stands the test of time and space. I am so thankful for the chance to have shared two days with her. I don't think she knows how much it meant to me...thanks Jen! and Johan makes a killer white chocolate mocha...my kind of guy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...