Thursday, July 09, 2009

maple scones and blueberries

Maple scones and blueberries don't sound like a good mix, but I wanted to mention two yummy treats I've made recently.

Today I made these Maple Oat Scones from Sweet Amandine. She tweaked a recipe found in The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook so you know they are not the healthiest scones...a lb of butter and 4 eggs...seriously. They will have to be a special treat, not a daily ritual. I'm going to bring them camping this weekend for the Coldplay at the Gorge (that way I won't be tempted to eat them all myself).

A few weeks ago I made yummy blueberry bars from a recipe found in Gourmet. It was basically a crumble topping split in half. Half pressed down in the bottom for a crust (which had a little crunch to it) and half sprinkled on top of 3 cups of blueberries mixed with a jar of blueberry preserves. They were so good! I'll see if I can find the recipe and post it to the blog.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...