Saturday, June 21, 2008

Solstice Day Parade




Today I went with my roommates Sarah and Riley to the crazy liberal Solstice Day parade down in the center of the universe...Fremont! I tried to go last year, but the parking situation was so frustrating Sarah and I drove away without seeing one nude bicyclist! I wasn't planning on going this year either...but Sarah and Riley said they were going so I figured as long as I didn't have to drive it would be okay. We didn't drive far before we were forced to park and then
trekked the next 15 or so blocks on foot. The parade had already started, but we walked ahead of it to meet Nick and some of his friends....so we ended up seeing the beginning! It was fun to watch from the sidelines and see all of the crazy costumes, floats and people! There were so many interesting people so different from me....I have to say though I was a bit jealous to not be a part of it in some way.


They all looked like they were having so much fun....even the zombies who don't eat brains!

Although....I wouldn't have wanted to be a part of the "hug" group...they dressed in red and all valentiney and hugged everyone in sight! I hid in the back so I wouldn't be attacked!


More pictures here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Beks,

Just checked out your blog! It looks like the Solstice Parade was awesome. Let's get together and craft soon, okay?

Emily

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...