Thursday, September 15, 2011

"And now children, stay with Christ. Live deeply in Christ. then we'll be ready for him when he appears, ready to receive him with open arms, with no cause for red-faced guilt or lame excuses when he arrives.
Once you're convinced that he is right and righteous, you'll recognize that all who practice righteousness are God's true children.

What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! just look at it - we're called children of God! That's who we really are. But that's also why the world doesn't recognize us or take us seriously, because it has no idea who he is or what he's up to.

But friends, that's exactly who we are: children of God. And that's only the beginning. who knows how we'll end up! What we know is that when Christ is openly revealed, we'll see him - and in seeing him, become like him. all of us who look forward to his Coming stay ready, with the glistening purity of Jesus' life as a model for our own."

1 John 2:24-3:3

_________________________________________________________________________________

One month. That is how long I've been away home, living in a new city, far from the familiar and most of all far away from my loving family and friends...it sounds sad, scary, and overwhelming. But, it is far from the truth...in reality, it has been an experience of God's generosity, faithfulness and love. In losing the proximity of family and friends - their love, companionship, laughter - I'm gaining a deeper understanding of God's love for me as his child. The way he's been working in my heart to prepare me for this adventure, the way he has drawn me to himself in times of loneliness, and blessed me with a place to live and great new friends all demonstrate his marvelous love. 

I still feel like a child in my faith, but want to grow...grow into the likeness of Christ, grow into a life that brings glory to God, grow into a story that God is orchestrating to bring about his kingdom here on earth. It's  because of the love that he first had for me, that leads me to love him with my life in return. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...