Sunday, March 06, 2011

I missed February!

Well...I guess it's been awhile since I've allowed myself some self-reflection...or at least time to write about the self-reflection.

The flu knocked me flat on my back the past 5 days and that allowed a little extra time for thinking, not a ton as I found myself sleeping and wishing myself healthy most of the time.
Now I can't stop thinking about all the work I have to catch up on at work...those kids don't teach themselves and you never are really sure what all went down with the sub! :)

Today, I forced myself out of bed to go to my nephew's dedication at Church and then to my brother's 30th birthday brunch. I can't believe Owen is real. Everytime I go to my brother and sister-in-law's house to visit, he surprises me, captivates me and it's like falling in love with him all over again...really...I mean he is only 9 months old, can't talk, and can't walk, so maybe my feelings will change...doubtful...but he is the center of the world when we are around him. It's fun to daydream about what he'll be like when he's older and then scary to think about how so much of who he becomes is out of our control. He already makes his own choices, but soon they will be choices of greater responsibility and consequence, defining who he is and the path he chooses to take in this life. It's so joyful now to watch him learn to do the most simple things...climb off his little 4-wheeler, scoot around the ottoman, clap his hands, wave bye-bye. It's hard to believe that soon he'll be walking, talking and I'm sure causing terror...not all the time though! I'm praying for him today as he was dedicated...really a dedication by his parents and family and friends to love him, pray for him, and share what it means to follow Jesus with him as he grows into the 6ft-5in good looking, collegiate basketball player he will be someday! :) But seriously, it was a reminder that I will influence him and I want to be a person that shares what it means to love unconditionally, give generously, live adventurously and give and receive forgiveness freely.

Really, we should be living boldly to share Christ with everyone in our lives, not just our favorite nephew of all time, who mean the world to us! xoxo, love you little guy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...