Saturday, October 30, 2010

baking

It's fall and the perfect time to cozy up on the weekend with some homemade treats.

Last Sunday, after Alicia's wedding I stayed with my friends Rachel and Mike and we enjoyed a lazy morning and baked some yummy pumpkin cookies with orange flavored cranberries and chocolate chips. They were cakey and delish!


This morning I woke up early...my body is adjusted to school time and so I stayed in bed as long as my will would let me, but finally got up to make some oatmeal pancakes. I've ordered oatmeal pancakes before while out for brunch, but had never attempted to make them myself. I found this recipe online from smitten kitchen. It was a huge success and we enjoyed the slightly sweet and hearty pancakes with pumpkin spice lattes. Just the fuel I need for my training run today!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...