Friday, June 06, 2014

Where to begin...


You  know that feeling when you are so far behind on something you don't even know where to begin? or how to start? so you just kind of sit by and let time pass not really doing anything about it? I've felt that way about a lot of things in life this school year...whether blogging, quilting, journaling, working out or my bible study...those daily disciplines can be hard to follow through on when the daily grind of life fills your day and leaves you with not a lot to give by the end of it. Well...enough of that. I am in an extremely exciting season of life and I want to be able to look back and read my story as I walk through engagement, wedding planning and that scary first year of marriage...umm I mean exciting, fairy-tale first year of marriage :)

So I guess I'm starting with the fact that I am engaged to my best friend that God brought into my life to balance, strengthen, challenge and compliment me. Let's be real. Sometimes I didn't think this was going to happen...I've been waiting for awhile to meet the right guy, but once again. God is faithful, his timing is perfect and he is my tall, dark, handsome man who loves the outdoors and Jesus. Just look at that face...


Jason and I met here in San Diego and that has made it hard for family and friends back home to get to know that man that I have come to love and adore. He makes me laugh, he loves me even when I am difficult to love and his quiet strength is always a comfort when I'm stressed, tired, or scared. We love to be outside...our first few dates consisted of sailing, paddle-boarding, lots of frozen yogurt and a sweaty, exhilarating night at sky high, an indoor trampoline park. I remember those dates like yesterday. When we went sailing together I had no idea that Jason was interested in me...my parents were in town and I had asked him if he knew of any sailing connections so I could take them out on the water to enjoy the beauty of San Diego. Of course Jason offered to take us and we set a date, the day after Easter. Unfortunately...or fortunately...my parents didn't end up making it, but I still went along and we spent the afternoon talking about our lives; traveling, adventures we wanted to have, my fear of turning 30 and life in general. I remember the conversation flowing so naturally and this cute boy that I had grown to know and admire in community group was so fun and easy to spend time with :) Now, over a year later we are counting down the days to our wedding! I'm excited, fearful, overwhelmed, and content to spend the rest of my life loving this man and helping him to lead and guide our family as we pursue God and his will for our lives.



The date is set. September 13, 2014...it's going to be a beautiful, sunny and warm day in San Diego and we will be surrounded with close friends and family to celebrate God bringing us together and blessing our covenant to love and serve one another in marriage. I'm so excited to have my life long friend, Rachel by my side...isn't she beautiful (see below) :) Rachel has been a constant source of laughter, love and adventure. I can't imagine anyone else standing next to me on that big day. Our friendship has stood the test of time...making music videos to amy grant, our own glamour shot photo shoots, almost drowning each other in the packwood pool, slumber parties, high school banquets, road trips to WSU...despite going to different high schools, colleges and now living in different cities, I can still consider Rachel my best friend because when we are together, whether talking on the phone or in person, it seems like no time has past and we jump right in to the details of life without hesitation. Rachel is compassionate, supportive, always listens, slow to judge, ever-encouraging and so random and fun to be around. I'm so blessed by her friendship! xoxo


I promise more frequent posts this summer as I reflect and adventure through life!




2 comments:

The Arizona Russums said...

Love this! Love you. I'm so, so excited for this season in your life.

Unknown said...

Oh Bekah, I love reading this. I'm sitting here in tears so happy for you! But you know me, I cry at almost anything! Congratulations!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...