Monday, October 03, 2011

Isaiah's poetry

On my morning run today I ventured out to Sunset Cliffs and admired the vastness of the ocean, the beauty of the cliffs and shoreline. I love how being present in God's creation bonds me to my maker. I can't help but draw near to him when I see his presence in the world around me. Today that was in the view, in the landscape. Other times it's in the love, generosity, or forgiveness of friends or strangers. Regardless, I pray that my eyes would be open to seeing his work and will being done here on earth.

The Message Bible describes Isaiah as "a poet in the most fundamental sense-a maker, making God present and that presence urgent." It also says that for Isaiah, "words are watercolors and melodies and chisels to make truth and beauty and goodness." LOVE that.

So here's what I read this morning...
"I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work. For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think. Just as rain and snow descend from the skies and don't go back until they've watered the earth, Doing their work of making things grow and blossom, producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry, So will the words that come out of my mouth not come back empty-handed. They'll do the work I sent them to do, they'll complete the assignment I gave them.

So you'll go out in joy, you'll be led into a whole and complete life. The mountains and hills will lead the parade, bursting with song. All the trees of the forest will join the procession exuberant with applause. No more thistles, but giant sequoias, no more thornbushes, but stately pines - Monuments to me, to God, living and lasting evidence of God."

Love the imagery used to describe God's majesty!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...