Saturday, June 12, 2010

What to say...

I've been here in Uganda for two weeks already...but it feels like I've been here much longer. I love the people and the landscape. The land is so green, lush and tropical. I've already looked for a field guide to use to identify all the plants and insects...but to no avail. Next time I travel it will be a mandatory purchase beforehand. I'm at a place where so many thoughts and ideas are swirling around in my mind that I am having trouble trying to put it into coherent thoughts I can write about. So I guess I should try and choose a few things to write about...but even that overwhelms me. I've made a web album with pictures...but even they don't do my experience justice.



I miss home a little...the food and my family and friends, being a new aunt, running water, refrigerators, but I wouldn't trade any of that for my experience here. I'm enjoying the freshness of the food...the fruit really (and chicken I watched being killed) and eating lots of beans. My GI tract hasn't had any difficulties yet...fingers crossed and I kind of like using the latrine in the backyard and bathing from a basin. Fetching water is a task even though the borehole is so close. The sun is hot...it is so good to be in this climate...I love the tropics that is for sure.
hmmm...more later I promise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...